Dates: March 10–22, 2019
Location: Phnom Penh and Samraong, Cambodia
Cost: $800 USD mission trip fee plus airfare, immunizations, and tourist visa (see below for complete breakdown of costs)
- To uplift Jesus among the poor and unreached of Cambodia. “And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself” (John 12:32).
- To serve the physical and spiritual needs of the people of Cambodia through a construction project at the Samraong Adventist School, as well as evangelistic meetings and a Vacation Bible School program.
- To help all mission trip participants grow spiritually and gain experience in cross-cultural outreach.
Sunday, March 10: Fly to Phnom Penh (PNH), arriving by Tuesday, March 12 (flights crossing the International Date Line lose a day).
Wednesday, March 13: Sightseeing, shopping, and touring ASAP projects in Phnom Penh.
Thursday, March 14: Drive to Samraong. Cultural orientation and team building.
Friday, March 15: Cultural learning experience. Preparation for evangelistic meetings and Vacation Bible School.
Sabbath, March 16: Worship at an ASAP church plant.
Sunday, March 17 - Wednesday, March 20: Participate in construction project at Samraong Adventist School, conduct Vacation Bible School and evening evangelistic meetings.
Thursday, March 21: Return to Phnom Penh.
Friday, March 22: Fly home (flights crossing the International Date Line gain a day).
The $800 USD Mission Trip Fee includes the following:
- All transportation expenses within Cambodia
- Three meals per day
- Bottled water
- Interpreter fees
- Fees for any tourist sites visited
- Travel insurance through Adventist Risk Management
- Supplies and other expenses directly related to the mission trip (e.g., tools for construction, materials for Vacation Bible School, etc.)
- Project support for the Samraong Adventist School
Additional Expenses (Responsibility of the Mission Trip Participant)
- Each participant is responsible for purchasing their own airfare, tourist visa, and immunizations (i.e., separate from the Mission Trip Fee).
- $100 in case of emergency
- Additional spending money for mementos, gifts, and incidental expenses
Ready to Go? Here's What to Do Next!
- Submit the Mission Trip Application Form online. Please do not book airline tickets until you receive confirmation that your application has been approved.
- Verify that your passport is current and send a copy to ASAP. Your passport must have an expiration date no earlier than six months after your arrival date in Cambodia (in this case, September 10, 2019). A digital scan of your passport may be e-mailed to ASAP Field Special Projects Coordinator, Angy Plata, at email@example.com.
- Book airline tickets: You may book your own tickets, but please consider purchasing them through Butler Travel. Nathanael Martin will assist in coordinating flights so that, whenever possible, trip participants can travel together on the same airline. You may contact Nathanael via phone at 503-879-5005 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: For U.S. citizens, it is possible to receive a tax break on your airfare. If interested, please call the ASAP office with your credit card information. After you have selected your flights, Nathanael will coordinate purchase of the tickets with ASAP Ministries. Then, ASAP Ministries will charge your credit card for the purchase price of the tickets, and this will appear as a tax-deductible donation to the “Mission Trip Fund” on your receipt.
- Apply for a tourist visa. A Cambodian tourist visa should be obtained prior to entering the country. Some airlines require proof of a visa prior to boarding the plane, and obtaining a visa at the airport is not recommended, as you could be denied. After your flights are purchased, apply for your visa online through the Cambodian Ministry of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation website. The cost is $36, and processing generally takes three (3) business days.
NOTE: Cambodian tourist visas are only valid for three (3) months, so please time your application accordingly.
- Visit the CDC website and get recommended vaccines.
- Pay your $800 mission trip fee by March 1, 2019. You may pay by check or by credit card, either online or by calling the ASAP office at 269-471-3026.
- If paying online, go to the Give Now page on the ASAP Ministries website; under “Have My Gift Go Towards” select “Split Gift.” Then, enter $800 under “Other” and enter “2019 ASAP Cambodia Mission Trip” under “Description.”
- If mailing a check, send the mission trip fee to the following address: ASAP Ministries, PO Box 84, Berrien Springs, MI 49103
We want to dress in such a way that the people of Cambodia can see Jesus through us and not be distracted in any way by what we wear.
- Men should wear long pants and short- or long-sleeve plain shirts with collars
- Women should wear loose skirts or dresses at least two inches below the knee and short- or long-sleeve modest, loose-fitting simple shirts (unless working on a construction site). They may wear capris or dress pants on off days.
Please contact Angy Plata, Field Special Projects Coordinator, with all mission-trip related questions at email@example.com