Dates: March 13–27, 2022
Location: Takong and Siem Reap, Cambodia
Cost: $879 USD mission trip fee, plus airfare, background check, Covid-19 testing, and tourist visa (see below for complete breakdown of costs)
- To uplift Jesus among the poor and unreached of Cambodia. “And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself” (John 12:32).
- To serve the physical and spiritual needs of the people of Cambodia through a construction project benefiting the Takong Adventist School and health ministry and other outreach to the community.
- To help all mission trip participants grow spiritually and gain experience in cross-cultural outreach.
Sunday, March 13: Fly to Siem Reap (REP), arriving by Tuesday, March 15 (flights crossing the International Date Line lose a day).
Wednesday, March 16: Travel to Takong (4-5 hours by van); unpack; orientation meeting
Thursday, March 17 to Saturday, March 26: Building project at Takong Adventist School, Vacation Bible School and health/ministry in the community, Sabbath worship with the local Adventist congregations, plus sightseeing opportunities in the vicinity of Siem Reap (e.g., Angkor Wat).
Sunday, March 27: Fly home (flights crossing the International Date Line gain a day).
*Subject to change
The $879 USD Mission Trip Fee includes the following:
- All transportation expenses within Cambodia
- Three meals per day
- Bottled water
- Interpreter fees
- Fees for any tourist sites visited
- Travel insurance through Adventist Risk Management
- Supplies and other expenses directly related to the mission trip (e.g., tools for construction, materials for Vacation Bible School, etc.)
- Project support
- Nonrefundable $75 administrative fee
Additional Expenses (Responsibility of the Mission Trip Participant)
- Each participant is responsible for purchasing their own airfare
- Tourist visa ($36)
- Background check (approximately $40, unless your church or school is willing to provide the results of a recent background check)
- All Covid-19 testing required by the Cambodian government and your country of origin
- Additional spending money for mementos, gifts, emergencies and incidental expenses
Ready to Go? Here's What to Do Next!
- Submit the Mission Trip Application Form online by Friday, February 18, 2022.
- Verify that your passport is current and send a copy to ASAP. Your passport must have an expiration date no earlier than six months after your arrival date in Cambodia (in this case, September 15, 2022). A digital scan of your passport may be e-mailed to ASAP Field Special Projects Coordinator, Angy Plata, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Book airline tickets: Due to limited flight options to Siem Reap and to minimize travel disruptions, we are requesting that all mission trip participants take the following flight to Siem Reap. Please do not book airline tickets until you receive confirmation that your application has been approved.
Singapore Airlines is currently the only airline flying to Siem Reap, Cambodia. This flight departs from Los Angeles, California (LAX) with a six-hour layover in Singapore. Upon arrival in Singapore, you must stay in a designated transit area where access to shops and food may be limited. In the case of a flight delay or cancellation, there is the potential risk of having to transit in Singapore for longer than expected.
You may book your own tickets, but please consider purchasing them through Butler Travel. Nathanael Martin will assist in coordinating flights so that, whenever possible, trip participants can travel together on the same airline. You may contact Nathanael via phone at 503-879-5005 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
NOTE: For U.S. citizens, it is possible to receive a tax break on your airfare. If interested, please call the ASAP office with your credit card information. After you have selected your flights, Nathanael will coordinate purchase of the tickets with ASAP Ministries. Then, ASAP Ministries will charge your credit card for the purchase price of the tickets, and this will appear as a tax-deductible donation to the “Mission Trip Fund” on your receipt.
- Apply for a tourist visa. A Cambodian tourist visa should be obtained prior to entering the country. Some airlines require proof of a visa prior to boarding the plane, and obtaining a visa at the airport is not recommended, as you could be denied. After your flights are purchased, apply for your visa online through the Cambodian Ministry of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation website. The cost is $36, and processing generally takes three (3) business days.
NOTE: Cambodian tourist visas are only valid for three (3) months, so please time your application accordingly.
- Visit the CDC website or consult with your healthcare provider regarding recommended immunizations.
- Pay your mission trip fee (you will be notified of the deadline upon approval of your application). You may pay by check or by credit card, either online or by calling the ASAP office at 269-471-3026.
- If paying online, go to the Give page on the ASAP Ministries website; in the “Designation” dropdown box, select “Other.” Then, enter “2022 ASAP Cambodia Mission Trip” under in the field that appears.
- If mailing a check, send the mission trip fee to the following address: ASAP Ministries, PO Box 84, Berrien Springs, MI 49103
We want to dress in such a way that the people of Cambodia can see Jesus through us and not be distracted in any way by what we wear.
- Men should wear long pants and short- or long-sleeve plain shirts with collars
- Women should wear loose skirts or dresses at least two inches below the knee and short- or long-sleeve modest, loose-fitting simple shirts (unless working on a construction site). They may wear capris or dress pants on off days.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Travel to Cambodia During Covid-19
What are the entry requirements for Cambodia?
Currently, the Cambodian government requires all travelers entering the country to undergo Covid-19 testing both prior to travel and upon arrival. For fully vaccinated travelers, this includes a PCR test 72 hours before departure and a rapid test administered on arrival. Vaccinated travelers who test negative are not required to quarantine. Unvaccinated travelers must undergo a PCR test 72 hours before departure and upon arrival. Regardless of their test results, unvaccinated travelers are required to quarantine for 14 days after arrival. All travelers who test positive for Covid-19 upon arrival are required to seek treatment and enter quarantine for 14 days, or until two consecutive negative tests.
Please visit the U.S. Embassy in Cambodia Covid-19 information page to view the Cambodian Ministry of Health's full Covid-19 guidelines (e.g., masking requirements, etc.)
Will the travel insurance that ASAP provides for this trip cover Covid treatment and quarantine expenses?
Yes, your medical expense benefit is the same, regardless of your illness. It is a reimbursement policy, meaning you will pay for treatment upfront and request reimbursement later.
What are the reentry requirements upon returning to the U.S. and Canada?
To reenter the U.S., prior to boarding travelers must show documentation of a negative viral test result taken within one day of the flight’s departure to the United States. For more information please visit Travel.State.gov.
For reentry requirements for Canada, please visit Travel.GC.ca.
Will I get a refund for the mission trip fee if I test positive for COVID or have to cancel my trip?
The mission trip fee is refundable, with the exception of a $75 administrative fee.
Please contact Angy Plata, ASAP Field Special Projects Coordinator, with all mission-trip related questions at firstname.lastname@example.org