Dates: August 9-16, 2020
Location: Houston, Texas
Trip Leaders: Pr. Scott and Julie Griswold, Reach the World Next Door
Participants: This trip is specifically designed for young adults, ages 18-35. Maximum group size: 20
Cost: $500 USD mission trip fee, plus airfare, and background check
- To uplift Jesus among least-reached people groups living in the Houston metropolitan area. “And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself” (John 12:32).
- To build relationships and minister to the physical and spiritual needs of least-reached people groups through service projects including refugee ministry, health evangelism, and children's programming.
- To help all mission trip participants grow spiritually and gain experience in cross-cultural outreach using Christ's methods.
Sunday, August 9: Fly to Houston
Monday, August 10 - Sabbath, August 15: Participate in service projects and learning opportunities in the Houston metropolitan areas, focusing on Christ's methods of evangelism to serve animists, Buddhists, and Muslims from least-reached people groups.
Sunday, August 16: Fly home from Houston
The $500 USD Mission Trip Fee includes the following:
- Ground transportation in Houston
- Project costs (e.g., for health evangelism, children's programming, etc.)
- Travel insurance through Adventist Risk Management
Additional Expenses (Responsibility of the Mission Trip Participant):
- Airfare from place of origin to/from Houston, Texas
- Background check (approximately $40, unless your church or school is willing to provide the results of a recent background check)
- Additional spending money for momentos, gifts, emergencies, and incidental expenses
Ready to Go? Here's What to Do Next!
- Submit the Mission Trip Application Form online. Please do not book airline tickets until you receive confirmation that your application has been approved.
- Book airline tickets. You may book your own tickets or purchase them through Nathanael Martin at Butler Travel. You may contact Nathanael via phone at 503-879-5005 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: For U.S. citizens, it is possible to receive a tax break on your airfare. If interested, please call the ASAP office with your credit card information. After you have selected your flights, Nathanael will coordinate purchase of the tickets with ASAP Ministries. Then, ASAP Ministries will charge your credit card for the purchase price of the tickets, and this will appear as a tax-deductible donation to the “Mission Trip Fund” on your receipt.
- Pay your $500 mission trip fee by the deadline. An initial deposit of $50 must be paid at the time of application. The remaining $450 is due by June 9, 2020. You may pay by check or by credit card, either online or by calling the ASAP office at 269-471-3026.
If paying online, go to the Give page on the ASAP Ministries website; under “Have My Gift Go Towards” select “Split Gift.” Then, enter the amount under “Other” and enter “2020 Houston Mission Trip” under “Description.”
If mailing a check, send the mission trip fee to the following address: ASAP Ministries, PO Box 84, Berrien Springs, MI 49103
Please contact John Press, ASAP Ministries communications director, with all mission-trip related questions at email@example.com