Mission Trip Itinerary
Day 1: Fly to Phnom Penh, Cambodia (PNH), arriving no later than late morning on Monday, March 11. (Note: Flights crossing the International Date Line lose a day).
Day 2: Arrival in Phnom Penh. Team dinner and orientation. Introduction to Cambodian history and culture. Free time.
Day 3: Early morning mission training. Visit to Prison 21 (Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum). Travel to Siem Reap; settle into hotel.
Day 4: Early morning visit to Angkor Wat. Team building and training. Free time at night market.
Day 5: Divide into teams. Team A travels to Samraong; Team B travels to Tuol Chan. On-site ministry team meeting upon arrival.
Day 6: Construction, Vacation Bible School, visitation, health ministry, and nightly evangelism programs begin.
Day 7: Sabbath school and church at ASAP mission schools.
Day 8: Construction, Vacation Bible School, visitation, health ministry, and nightly evangelism programs continue.
Day 9: Team A final day at Samraong Adventist School; return to Siem Reap. Team B continues in Tuol Chan until Friday morning.
Day 10: Teams return to Phnom Penh and reunite. Visit to Cambodia Adventist Vietnamese School in Phnom Penh.
Day 11: Sabbath in Phnom Penh.
Day 12: Return flight home, departing from Phnom Penh. (Note: Flights crossing the International Date Line gain a day)
Note: This itinerary is subject to change.
The Mission Trip Fee of $1,500 USD for adults/$1,100 for children under 13 years old fee includes the following:
- All ground transportation within Cambodia
- Three vegetarian meals per day
- Bottled water
- Interpreter fees
- Fees for any tourist sites visited
- Travel insurance through Trawick International (estimated $80; exact price varies based on age and policy)
- Supplies and other expenses directly related to the mission trip (e.g., teaching supplies, materials for Vacation Bible School, construction materials, etc.)
- Ministry project support
- Nonrefundable $300 deposit (must be paid upon submission of application)
Additional Expenses (Responsibility of the Mission Trip Participant)
- Each participant is responsible for purchasing their own international airfare (prices range widely from $900 - $1,800 per roundtrip flight)
- Background check (approximately $40, unless your church or school is willing to provide the results of a recent background check)
- Additional spending money for mementos, gifts, emergencies, and incidental expenses
Ready to Go? Here's What to Do Next!
- Pray for heart preparation and God’s guidance every step of the way (Prov. 3:5–6).
- Submit the Mission Trip Application Form online.
- Verify that your passport is current and send a copy to ASAP. Your passport must have an expiration date no earlier than six months after your arrival date in Cambodia. A digital scan of your passport may be submitted with the application form (preferred) or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Book airline tickets. Please do not book airline tickets until you receive confirmation that your application has been approved.
You may book your own tickets, but please consider purchasing them through Butler Travel. Their agents will assist in coordinating flights so that, whenever possible, trip participants can travel together on the same airline. You may contact Nathanael via phone at 503-879-5005 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Note: For U.S. citizens, it is possible to receive a tax break on your airfare. If interested, please call the ASAP office with your credit card information. After you have selected your flights, Nathanael will coordinate purchase of the tickets with ASAP Ministries. Then, ASAP Ministries will charge your credit card for the purchase price of the tickets, and this will appear as a tax-deductible donation to the “Mission Trip Fund” on your receipt.
- Need a visa? As of August 2023, U.S. citizens will need to apply for an e-visa to enter Cambodia. The e-visa takes several business days to process, so we strongly recommend obtaining it at least two full weeks before the trip.
- Visit the CDC website or consult with your healthcare provider regarding recommended immunizations.
- Pay your mission trip fee (you will be notified of the deadline upon approval of your application). You may pay by check or by credit card, either online or by calling the ASAP office at 269-471-3026.
- To pay online, click here. Please be sure to enter “2024 ASAP Cambodia Mission Trip” in the comments box before submitting your payment.
- To pay by check, mail the mission trip fee to ASAP Ministries, PO Box 84, Berrien Springs, MI 49103
We want to dress in such a way that the people of Cambodia can see Jesus through us and not be distracted in any way by what we wear.
- Men should wear long pants and short- or long-sleeve plain shirts with collars. They may also opt to wear loose fitting scrubs.
- Women should wear loose skirts or dresses at least two inches below the knee and short- or long-sleeve modest, loose-fitting simple shirts. They may also wear capris, dress pants, or loose fitting scrubs.
- During orientation and off-days, shorts may be worn.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Travel to Cambodia
What are the entry requirements for Cambodia?
Currently, travelers entering Cambodia are not required to show Proof of Vaccination or Covid-19 test results. All travelers can freely travel to Cambodia without any Covid restrictions.
Please visit the U.S. Embassy in Cambodia Covid-19 information page to view the Cambodian Ministry of Health's full Covid-19 guidelines (e.g., masking requirements, etc.) and travel requirements.
Will the travel insurance that ASAP provides for this trip cover Covid treatment and quarantine expenses?
Yes, your medical expense benefit is the same, regardless of your illness. It is a reimbursement policy, meaning you will pay for treatment upfront and request reimbursement later.
What are the re-entry requirements upon returning to the U.S. and Canada?
Currently, there are no Covid-related requirements for re-entry into the United States. For more information, please visit Travel.State.gov.
For re-entry requirements for Canada, please visit Travel.GC.ca.
Will I get a refund for the mission trip fee if I test positive for Covid-19 or have to cancel?
The mission trip fee is refundable up to 90 days prior to the trip, with the exception of the $300 deposit fee. After this, the mission trip fee will no longer be refundable.